Morningstar’s new 600 VDC charge controller is the most flexible high-voltage charge controller available today. Also available with integrated DC disconnect and digital display (sold separately).
Morningstar’s TriStar MPPT 600V Charge Controller offers a highly efficient power path for charging batteries with higher voltage photovoltaic (PV) arrays, wind turbines or hydropower systems. The controller’s higher voltage capability and flexible design enable several application scenarios including:
• Off-grid PV, wind or hydro systems with input voltages greater than 150V
• Fewer combined circuits and lower current for long wire runs from the array to the controller
• New installation grid-tie PV systems with battery back-up
• Retrofitting grid-tie PV systems to include battery back-up without changing the PV array configuration
• Supplementary charging for AC Coupled PV systems
This controller was designed for 48 volt battery systems but is custom programmable for 24V, 36V and 60V battery systems. The TriStar MPPT 600V controller has a PV input operating voltage range of 100V to Voc = 525V. It comes in a standard version or a version with disconnect box.
Rated for 60 Amps, the TriStar MPPT 600V controller does much more than efficiently charge batteries; it also provides remote communications, data logging, adjustability and metering.